In addition to our e-Government payment remittance services, the State Treasurer’s Office also offers a tangible remittance processing service for state agencies, local governments and schools.
Known as the State Treasurer’s lockbox operation, our services include:
- Picking up mail from a post office box
- Opening and sorting mail
- Imaging checks
- Depositing checks (the checks are encoded, endorsed and deposited)
- Capturing and preparing payment coupon data
- Forwarding digital and paper data to agency
Lockbox users need to pay for the following items:
- Post office box rental (varies by size)
- Stub printing and mailing (if you are currently sending out invoices, this may not change)
- Programming (there may be some initial programming costs)
- Local governments pay a small per item fee
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Director of Treasury Operations Mike Buchanan at 304-341-0717.