Job Title: Programmer Analyst
Salary: $40,000-$50,000; salary commensurate with training and experience. Full-time employees of the West Virginia State Treasurer’s Office (WVSTO) are eligible for Public Employee Insurance Agency benefits and a number of other benefits available to state employees.
Location: Charleston, WV
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent; Not in the Classified Service; FLSA: Non-Exempt
Division: WVSTO Information Technology
Reports To: Director of Information Technology
Nature of Work:
Under direct supervision, this position designs, develops, and codes applications based on industry wide standards for secure coding and project specifications provided by the Director of Information Technology and approved by the Deputy Treasurer of Information Technology.
- Delivers securely coded and extensively documented applications in a timely manner and provide fixes to existing applications.
- Develops and writes desired applications, services, tasks, error handling, email services, and all other features.
- Ensures all requirements are met for each application so that users are completely satisfied, and functionality is without error; documents all applications and processes.
- Maintains and supports current applications and systems; adds enhancements and modifies functionality as requested or as dictated by rules and regulations.
- Gathers requirements from users for design and development of applications, including file transfers, file manipulations, arithmetic functions, integration with other applications, and retention policies.
- Fixes any bugs or issues of existing applications reported by the users; monitors and troubleshoots systems for issues that arise.
- Support any COTS products that the Treasurer’s Office purchases.
- May also represent the Division/Agency in local conferences and meetings, some single day travel is required as well as some overnight stay.
- Performs all other duties not specifically described herein as assigned by management.
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in computer science or equivalent. Training, with related certification, relevant to the position and duties being applied for, four to six years of recent experience in a similar position, with similar duties; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (ISC)2 – CSSLP – Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of complex programming systems, software and hardware configuration and their applications in a systems environment.
- Knowledge of data processing concepts and equipment usage.
- Skill in programming complex systems and in the use of hardware and software configuration.
- Ability to evaluate and analyze user requests and develop effective work plans for systems development and maintenance to meet user requirements.
- Ability to present ideas in a clear, concise format using narrative statements and logic diagrams.
HOW TO APPLY: Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job opportunity is not in the classified service and is not covered under the Administrative Rule of the WV Division of Personnel. Therefore, interested persons must apply directly to the hiring agency as indicated above.